Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pretend with Zoo Dance

Go ahead, open your world wide web browser, whichever one you like (me? I'm a Chrome girl) and type in the word p-r-e-t-e-n-d. Click here to read one such article. I could probably put links all the way down this page regarding the importance of pretend for a young child.

PBnDeb's music invites pretend play. Our music easily engages a child's imagination. One of the best songs for pretend play is 'Zoo Dance.' You can find it by surfing on PBnDeb on CD Baby / iTunes / Amazon or click on one of the many links I've shamelessly made available to you in this post. It's off our second album entitled Zoo Dance.

The song 'Zoo Dance' invites children to act out animals. It's a pop tune. And the way Philip orchestrated this song is rockin! Give it a listen just to hear the musical lines he wrote. I guarantee the bass line alone will encourage anybody, kid or not, to jump out of their seat and dance. I can't put a bass line on virtual paper so enjoy the opening lyrics.  

There's a brand new dance.
And it comes from the zoo.
Ya gotta pick an animal.
And do just what they do-o-o-o.

Act like a monkey.
Act like a monkey.
Swing your arms.
Eat bananas.
Ooh ooh ooh.
Be a monkey!

Philip and I wanted children to move, eat and sing (or roar) like the chosen animal. The child pretends to become the animal. It's educational.  It's creative.  It's fun!

Zoo Dance
I recently performed this song in a rockin' thirty minute set at Harvard Preschool and Kindergarten. I had elephants, monkeys, and lions stomping, peeling bananas and roaring all over the room. It was quite exciting. Both Philip and I have had friends send us funny videos of their children singing and acting like crazy animals to our tune 'Zoo Dance.' 

Give it a listen. Hey, it's only a .99 download, and I've got a long way to go to sell 1 million downloads

Let me know what you think: deb@pbndeb.com

If you don't have a young child, you are still welcome to buy the song and p-r-e-t-e-n-d you do. I think pretend is good for all of us!

And thanks.


Click here to read more about Phillip Bynoe and Deb Snyder as PBnDeb.

No comments:

Post a Comment