Tuesday, October 8, 2013

PBnDeb's Song of the Month for October 2013

Edgar the Spider

My name is Edgar
I am a spider
Everyone likes me
Because I'm scary!

Every night there's a special delight
The spider dance, the spider dance
In the moonlight, you can see such a fright
The spider dance

This song is on our Storybook Adventures CD.  It's a fun Halloween tune.  Most people are afraid of spiders but I happen to LOVE them. Edgar was modeled after an Orb-weaver Doug and I found in our back yard.  We used to watch him set up his web every evening from the avocado tree next door to an old clothes line post.

At night I like to spin my web
Round and round with a sticky thread
I like flies there a tasty deal
But If I catch a moth now that’s a happy meal

Philip is wonderful as the voice of Edgar.  His big deep booming voice just captures the fun of being Edgar.  In the song we teach children that spiders have more to fear from us than we do from them.

Humans fear what they can’t see
I’m not as dangerous to you as you are to me
I only have fangs
You have two big feet
I’ll stay out of your way
If we happen to meet

And then we encourage children to dance - with Edgar!

So if you want to come out tonight
Watch me spin my web in the cold moonlight
Bring your flashlight, take a chance
Don’t be scared, spin your web, do the spider dance



No comments:

Post a Comment