Tuesday, October 1, 2013

PBnDeb 999,999 Songs to Go!

The day after a big announcement is usually filled with fear and thoughts like, 'What the heck was I thinking!'  But this morning I am pretty calm about selling 1 million downloads.  It's a huge dream goal. I decided to tell Philip, my partner in music who is currently touring the world with Steve Vai, what I had gotten him, me, us into and he wrote back... from Australia, I think...

Deb's First email:

To:  Philip Bynoe
Re:  Deb's Dream

Philip,

Love seeing the pictures of you all over the world.  I have a dream and I am going to work towards it with quiet dedication but I am letting you in on it.

I want to sell 1 million .99 downloads of PBnDeb music.

To that end, I just uploaded 2 singles, Christmas is My Favorite Time of Year and Beach so I have access to market and sell those two.  I took care of you as co writer and I decided to use the Pirate Cartoon as the Album Cover for all of the singles.  I am trying something new with these songs  - CD Baby allows you to use Rumblefish for mechanical licensing which means people can sample and use the music in ads etc for a cost.  We only make 50% a tune but what the heck!

50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.  

I hope I can move our songs a little more.  Too many people LOVE our music.  We owe it to the world to put it out there.

Love
Deb

Philip's Reply -- (Deb's Dream got a little longer -- thank you world wide web -- a mere apostrophe becomes ')

To: Deb Snyder
Subject:  Re: Deb's Dream

Deb
That's great and you will accomplish that and more.
I have to come up with a way that I can be a part of
It from the roAd.
If you have an idea let me know, I plan to
Sell our music on the us tour.
Philip


Deb's Reply (I got excited and started verbally throwing up ideas... Hey - he asked!):

YAY!

I created two awesome album covers.  Once I get them uploaded... I will make the singles go live WORLD WIDE.

Hey I sold one song... 999,999 more to go!!!  woo Hoo.

I want to make another album Mr. Bynoe.

Idea for selling... your crazy partner is trying to get 1 Million downloads.  Want to play along!?

http://debpbndeb.blogspot.com/  for blog updates...

Tell them to like our FACEBOOK Page


Love
Deb

Philip's Reply:

To: Deb Snyder
Subject:  Re: Deb's Dream

Uh oh 
I think I saw a chicken!!

A little explanation about the 'chicken'... I am not a step by step logical thinker.  I create in whirlwind. My mind whirls and twirls with creative ideas and thoughts.  Focus is hard for me.  My husband, Doug, bought me a sweatshirt once that puts it into perspective...  My Friends all think I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand...Oh look a chicken!

Oh look a chicken has become... Oh look another song idea.  I'm okay with that.  

Well anyway, now PB knows what is going on and is all for it... Now we just have to sell more downloads.  The two new songs I am talking about above 'Christmas is My Favorite Time of Year' and 'Beach' will be on CD Baby soon and then they will populate to iTunes and Amazon.

Thanks to all of you who support us and love our music!  This is fun.... only 999,999 to go.


Click here to go to CD Baby and get your.99 download.

No comments:

Post a Comment